Summer is here and with that comes sweating and tanning. But it doesn't mean people, especially the men, need to be in their sloppy look.
Although the hot weather might require a guy to reconsider his wardrobe choices, but a few subtle changes will allow one to stay cool and beat the heat smartly.
Whether you're at the beach chilling with your friends, attending a Sunday Brunch, prepping up for your first day in college, travelling for work or planning to attend your best friend's wedding, you can carry your great style everywhere.
Here are a few looks, shared by Bhavya Chawla, chief stylist at Mr Voonik, that inspires one to be summer ready:
1. Look to keep the weekends relaxed: Try the 'athleisure' trend- Pair joggers, a plain coloured t-shirts and flip flops or opt for polo shirts paired with oxford shorts or pants and loafers. In fact, invest in some light and bright-coloured polo shirts this year for your wardrobe and look desirably cool in the sweltering heat.
2. Party Look: Going overboard just to look party-ready is a bad idea in this season. Whether it's an upmarket event or something low key, instead of being too dressy, stay light. Opt for light-weight suits in linen for the day party and pick some nice cotton ikat pants and plain shirts for the evening get-together.
3. Office Look: To look stylish yet formal in the summer, all it takes is some small and deliberate gestures. You might think of wearing khaki pants with a white or light coloured shirt but end up looking like a junior IT staff member. To choose summer outfits for work, one needs to think about the colors, patterns, textures, and accessories all together. Wear straight-fit cotton pants with Chinese-collared shirts and pair this ensemble with tan-coloured brogues on the meeting days or simply go for a sky blue cotton shirt with bright navy coloured pants paired with loafers for relaxed days at work.
4. College fresher Look: Be the best-dressed college fuchcha from day 1 by combining the most favoured color tones for the season, blue and white. Team those blue shorts with a button-down light blue or white shirts to give a casual summer vibe. For the bright-hearted boys, an explosion of colors is a good option such as a mix of blue, lime or light green. One can pick dark blue, mint green or mustard coloured cargo shorts as well as wide-legged pants and team them up with moccasins and a plaid shirt which is yet another all-time hot trend for the summer season.
5. Wedding Look: Summer weddings come with the best excuse to ditch your decked up look in tuxedos or Sherwanis. Instead, make heads turn by donning light-colored linen suits in tones of grey, mint green, peach, beige, white, powder blue etc. with subtly-patterned shirts along with a few flashes of color to make all the difference. For that desi wedding look, either pair a white coloured chikan kurta-pyjama with a bright-patterned cotton Nehru jacket or simply opt for a bright-hued plain kurta-pyjama with brocade Nehru jacket. Add a jeweled broach to add drama to the outfits and wear velvet slip-ons to complete the look.