Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday addresses series of election rallies in the poll-bound Gujarat. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) star campaigner addressed public meetings in Bhabhar, Kalol, Himmatnagar and Nikol.
Continuing with his high-decibel campaign, PM Modi launched a blistering attack on Congress and highlighted BJP's performance in various fields.
Some of the highlights of Modi's speeches:
- Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar told people when he visited Pakistan - remove Modi from the way and then see what will happen to India-Pakistan peace. What did he mean by removing me from the way? And what is my crime- that we have the blessings of the people.
- For the last two days a top Congress leader and an illustrious lawyer has been speaking. He is free to represent whoever he wants to, that is his prerogative. But, why does he want to prolong the Ayodhya Case when all stakeholders want an early solution? Congress leader linked Ram Mandir case with 2019 elections, they should sack such lawyers from their party.
- Politics of development does not appeal to the Congress Party.
- People are well aware of the difference between Congress and the BJP.
- Hitting out the Mani Shankar Aiyar, Anand Sharma and Digvijaya Singh trio, PM Modi said, "They have not called me 'Neech' for the first time yesterday. Mrs. Sonia Gandhi and her family members have used it too. Why am I 'Neech' - because I was born poor, because I am of a lower caste, because I am a Gujarati? Is that why they hate me?"
- “What did Anand Sharma say- PM Modi is mentally unstable. One Congress leader re-tweeted such an offensive Tweet about me that I cannot even say it. What did Digvijaya Singh Tweet about me?
- He noted how Digvijaya Singh had termed Modi Sarkar as ‘Raakshas Raaj’ and called him a ‘Raakshas’; Pramod Tiwari, who headed the Congress in UP, said Modi was in the list of Hitler, Mussolini and Gaddafi; Jairam Ramesh compared him to Bhasmasur; Beni Prasad Verma called him a mad dog and said we won't let this mad dog win; Ghulam Nabi Azad said he was Gangu Teli; Imran Massod, who they gave a ticket to had said he would cut Modi into pieces; Renuka Chowdhury called him a virus and said he would bring Namonitis.
- Gujarat is all set for Saturday`s first phase of Assembly elections in which 977 candidates will battle it out to get elected from 89 of the 182 constituencies, with the ruling BJP facing a strong Congress challenge.