Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief and eight others are expected to be produced before a special CBI court on Wednesday in relation to another fodder scam case after production warrant was issued against them on January 3. The special court-III judge Devraj Tripathy had fixed January 10 as the date of production for all accused in the case.
The former Bihar chief minister, who is lodged in Ranchi's Birsa Munda jail, was earlier this month sentenced to three-and-a-half-years jail in second case of over Rs 900 crore fodder scam linked to illegal withdrawal of money from Deogarh treasury.
In all, the 69-year-old RJD chief faced five cases in the fodder scam and has been convicted in two of them.
A special CBI court is expected to pronounce judgment later this month in the third case of multi-crore fodder scam against Lalu related to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 35.62 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1990s. "Trial of 56 accused in the case is over and if the order is reserved, judgment may be pronounced this month," a senior CBI official said.
The official said that the matter is listed in the special CBI court for Wednesday.
Lalu was on December 23 last year held guilty in the RC 64A/96 pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 89.27 lakh from Deoghar Treasury and was handed 3.5 years imprisonment on January 6 this year after the special CBI court judge Shiv Pal Singh held him guilty in the case.
On September 30, 2013, the RJD supremo was also held guilty in the RC 20A/96 pertaining to illegal withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore and given five years prison term.
Apart from the above cases, Lalu is also facing charges in the RC 38 A/96 pertaining to alleged illegal withdrawal of Rs 3.97 crore from Dumka Treasury and Rs 184 crore from Doranda Treasury in the early 1990s.