POLICE HEADQUARTERS JAMMU & KASHMIR
Subject:- Advertisement Notice for the post of Sub-Inspector in Telecommunication Wing of J&K Police.
Ref:- J&K Govt. Home Department order No. 379 (P) of 2016 dated 05-07-2016
ADVERTISEMENT NOTICE No. Pers-A-400/2016/75404-504
Applications online are invited from the permanent residents of J&K State for their recruitment as Sub-Inspector in Telecommunication Wings of J&K Police against the vacancies as per following breakup in the Pay scale of Rs.9300-34800+(4240/= Grade pay) in accordance with the conditions of employment as prescribed under J&K Special Recruitment Rule 2015 notified vide SRO-202 dated 30-06-2015:-
Category-wise break-u of posts
OM : 25
RBA : 07
ST : 03
SC : 03
ALC : 01
Social Caste: 01
Note: - The recruitment will be for a total number of (40) vacancies.
2- The educational qualification, age and physical standards prescribed for the
above mentioned posts are specified as under:-
i) Educational Qualification Graduate, from a recognized University in any of the following streams:-
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Electrical & Electronic Engineering
ii) Age The candidate must be within the age group of 18-
28 years as on 1st day of January 2016.
(The candidates born before 01.01.1988 and after
31.12.1997 shall not be eligible.) However, in-service police personnel, upto the upper age limit of 30 years.
iii) Physical Standards For male candidates
Height = 5'-6"(min.)
Chest = 32"(un-expanded)
For female candidates
Height = 5'-2"(min.)
(However, for male candidates belonging to
Leh/Kargil districts and Gorkha community, the minimum height shall be 5 '-4" while for females the same shall be 5)
Persons already in Government service and conforming to the above eligibility standards can also apply with NOC from their respective Department heads. The fact of any candidate being in Govt. service and having applied without NOC, if ascertained at a later stage, will deny him/her the offer of appointment.
3- The candidates possessing basic eligible criteria viz age and education
qualification as prescribed here in above shall be subjected to the following tests:-
A. Physical Endurance
(only candidates who qualify the Physical Endurance Test (PET) shall be eligible for the PST For Male candidates
Long Race = 1600 meters in 6/2 minutes
(Six minutes thirty seconds) Pushups = 20
(one cycle of up and down to be counted as one)
For Female candidates
1000 meters in 6/2 minutes
(Six minutes thirty seconds) Shot Put (4Kgs) = 14 1/2 feet in three attempts
The test shall be qualifying in nature and no marks are allotted for these tests.
B. Physical Standard Test (PST) ■ Measurement of Height and Chest
The candidates are also required to carry their
original documents for scrutiny during the PST
C. Written Examination
Only for the candidates who qualify the physical endurance test + PST and meet the required standards as at (A & B) above, respectively. The Question paper will be of 85 marks (multiple choice) of two hours duration based on OMR sheets. The Questions will be of Graduation standard.
D. Viva-Voce/Personality Assessment test.
(Only for those candidates
who qualify the written test) The test will be of 15 marks.
Note:- On the basis of merit obtained in the written examination, the candidates will be called for viva voce-cum Personality Assessment Test which shall be restricted to three times the number of posts/vacancies advertised
4- The instructions for filling up online application given in annexure "A". A
candidate shall deposit online fee of Rs. 300/- (Rupees three hundred only) or use the services of Common Service Centers. In case of non availability of online payment facility the candidate may use the option of depositing the application fee through Bank Challan. Candidates are requested to read and follow these instructions carefully as the amount once deposited will not be refunded for any reason whatsoever.
5- The Police Department is undertaking the Transparent Recruitment Process
(TRP), which is a technology driven recruitment policy and envisages inter-alia conduct of the PET, PST and written tests on scientific lines with use of:-
a) RFID chip timing technology for conduct of endurance run in the physical efficiency test to ensure accuracy and tamperproof conduct of run.
b) Standardized height and chest (with expansion) devices with the digital display monitors or display to the candidates and interface with computer application for automatic data entry into data base.
c) Use of bio-metric devices to eliminate duplication and impersonation.
d) Use of CCTV technology to videograph various stages of recruitment and thereby maintain a backup of record and also track of the activities at various recruitment centers simultaneously functioning across the State
e) Use of OMR/ICR for conduct of the written test.
6- Last date for submission of online application form shall be 30 days after
the activation of the link which will be notified separately in the second week of January 2017. The last date for the receipt of the application provided in the notification shall be the cut off date for determining the eligibility with regard to educational qualification/relevant category. Any qualification or claim accruing to the candidate to the candidate after last date of receipt of application shall not be entertained. No "under process" claim will be considered at any stage.
7- The selection of the candidates for the post of Sub Inspectors shall be made
on their performance in written test and viva-voce/personality assessment test vis-a-vis number of vacancies in their respective categories. In case of tie in merit, the preference will be given to the candidate being older in age. The selected candidates shall have to serve in any part of the State as per the order in vogue or as may be issued from time to time.
8- The Candidates who may have secured any loan/stipend under the self
employment scheme or any other scheme will be allowed to join the department only in case they obtain a final clearance/ liquidation certificate from the concerned department.
9- The candidates shall have to appear in the prescribed tests at their own
expenses on the date and venue to be communicated by the Police Recruitment Board, through press, electronic media or any other means.
10- A candidate found guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated/ tampered documents/ testimonials or making statements which are incorrect, false or suppressing material information, may in addition to rendering him/ her liable for criminal prosecution under law, be debarred permanently or for a specified period from being considered for recruitment in J&K Police.
11- The selected candidates shall be subjected to prescribed medical
examination/checkup through Standing Medical Boards and the appointment orders would be issued only subject to receipt of satisfactory medical report/clearance/antecedents from CID Headquarters. The selected candidates shall be required to undergo the prescribed Basic Training Course.
(K. Rajendra Kumar)-IPS Director General of Police, J&K-Jammu.
Copy to the:-
1. Resident Commissioner, J&K New Delhi
2. All ADsGP in J&K.
3. Commissioner of Vigilance J&K Srinagar.
4. All IsGP in J&K including Directors SKPA Udhampur.
5. All DIsGP in J&K including Directors Telecom/FSL/SSG J&K.
6. All District SsP including SSsP of CID/Traffic/Telecom/C&R.
7. Commandants of JKAP/IRP Battalions/ Auxiliary Police.
8. All Principals of Training Institutes in J&K Police.
9. Medical Superintendents of PH Jammu/Srinagar.
10. PS to DGP J&K.
11. PRO to DGP J&K for wide publicity through electronic/ print media.
12. Incharge IT Centre PHQ for information and necessary action.
13. All SOs at PHQ.
For Director General of Police, J&K-Jammu.
Annexure "A" Instructions and procedure for online submission of Application Form.
1. Please read the instructions, procedure and information carefully before you start filling the Application Form.
2. Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down in the advertisement notice.
3. Candidate is allowed to submit only one Application Form. Multiple Applications from a candidate are liable to be rejected.
4. Simple steps to be followed to apply online
1. Candidate may also visit any of the CSC (Common Service Centers) to get their Application Forms filled or else follow the procedure mentioned below.
2. The candidate have to visit jkpolice.gov.in.
3. Fill the online Application form after clicking proceed at the bottom of the page, The candidate should supply all the details while filling the online Application Form. After successful submission of the data, Application number will be generated and it will be used for all future correspondence.
4. Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, and Signature.
• Photograph image must mention the date in which it is taken.
• The Scanned images of photograph, Signature and thumb impression should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
• Size of photograph image must be greater than 20 kb and less than 50 kb.
• Size of the signature and thumb impression image must be greater than 10kb and less than 50 kb.
• Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height) only.
• Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (height) only.
5. Examination fee may be submitted through online mode or e-challan account 0747010100000005 of J&K Bank or through CSC (Common Service Centers). Candidate is required to select the payment mode:
• Payment by Bank e-challan: After online form submission, the candidate has to click on Print challan. As soon as he/she selects, an e-challan will be generated. The candidate has to take a printout of the same and take it to the nearest branch of the J&K Bank for making payment a day after the submission of application form.
• Payment through CSC: After online form submission, candidate is required to visit any CSC for fee submission; candidate must carry his Application No. against which payment is to be made.
• Fee will be accepted through Bank challan upto a maximum of two days after the cutoff date for filling the online application Form, failing which application is liable for rejection.
6. A service charge of Rs. 10/- per transaction inclusive of all taxes will be charged by J&K Bank.
7. However, CSC will be charge as under depending upon the nature of service required:-
a. Filling of online application Form/printout of Form = Rs. 30/-
b. Scanning/taking of photographs, signatures for uploading while filling up of
online application form = Rs. 10/-
c. E-Admit card (printout) = Rs. 5/-
d. Deposit of application fee through CSC = Rs. 10/-