Despite being blessed with natural beauty, Jammu region is full of richness of life and love. Besides the modest nature of the people, Dogri cuisine gives you one more reason to fall in love with Jammu.
Dogri food is undeniably delicious and has unique colours and aroma. One such cuisine tracing the roots of Dogra dynasty in Jammu region is Khatte Kulth, an easy recipe which also helps in removal of kidney stones.
Let us discuss the recipe to prepare this dish.
* 250gms Kulth(Horse Gram)
* 15 ml Mustard oil
* 5 gms Turmeric Powder
* 5 gms Red Chilly Powder
* Salt as per taste
* One inch piece of Ginger chopped.
* 3 Flakes Garlic
* 2 medium size Onions
* 5 gms Methi Powder
* 15 ml Tamarind pulp
1. Wash the kulth(Horse Gram)under running water to remove all the foreign stuff.
2. Allow the kulth (Horse Gram)to boil for 20 min. with salt and turmeric powder on slow fire till it gets softened.
3. In a sauce pan prepare the seasoning by heating the oil.
4. Add the onions garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat till the onions become light brown, lower the flame and add red chilli powder, methi powder and kulth and stir gently add tamarind pulp and cover the pan with a lid and allow the kulth to cook in gravy on a low flame for 3 to 5 min.
5. Add coriander leaves, adjust salt if required
6. Serve it with rice.